Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Linda's Diary


May 10, 1940
I love having my three boys home.  With Willy home from work and my two sons home from school, all feels right in the house.  It warms my heart listening to Willy talk to the boys about sports and the Chevy, although I sometimes worry about Happy.  He just doesn't seem as Happy as his name implies.  I hope he is not being overlooked by Willy and me, as we focus too much on Biff and his future.  Ben stopped by today and we all had a nice visit with him.  Willy seemed very interested in Ben’s success, wanting Ben to share his secrets with the boys.  I just hope the boys find their way in the world and succeed, doing everything they ever dreamed they could.  

November 23, 1949
I just don't know what to do with Willy anymore.  He went and crashed the car again.  Money is tight and I'm not sure how we are going to be able to afford fixing the car this time.  With the boys back, maybe they can help.  I'm not sure about Biff though, as him and Willy seem to be at odds.  Willy just can't get passed Biff's lifestyle and the way Biff works his jobs.  Willy is always trying to help around the house.  Just last night  he was scraping paint off of the shutters.  He is a good man, but I'm just not sure how much longer I can take his fighting with the boys and his random zoning out.      

1 comment: